Mahamana Malaviya Mission is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We shall ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement
Mahamana Malaviya Mission may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect:
Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
a) your name
b) your age
c) your occupation
d) a user ID and password of your choice
e) your email and mailing address
f) your telephone number
g) your payment processing details
h) limited personal details
i) Any other data as Mahamana Malaviya Mission may require.
What We Do With The Information We Gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons
• Internal record keeping.
• We may periodically send promotional emails other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information:
Personal information will be used by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION for internal purposes including the following:
(i) sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION Annual Report, MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION-in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and other updates.
(ii) processing your donations to MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and purchases of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION products on the Site. (iii) delivering the MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION products you have purchased on the Site /Receipt for donations made by you to MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION.
(iii) maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
(iv) evaluating and administering the Site and MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
Disclosure of Personal Information by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION:
• Within MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION, access to Personal Information collected by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION will be given only to those persons who are authorised by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and third parties hired by MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION to perform administrative services. MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
• MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION in any manner. MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
• MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION.
• Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION, MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and it’s property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION.
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making a donation or placing an order for the purchase of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to MAHAMANA MALAVIYA MISSION belong to their respective owners and are their property.
|25/12/1861||Born in Allahabad|
|1878||Marriage with Kundan Devi in Mirzapur|
|1879||Completed Matriculation from Muir Central College, Allahabad|
|1884||B.A. from Calcutta University|
|Jul 1884||Teacher in Allahabad District School|
|Dec 1886|| Attends the second Congress in Calcutta under chairmanship of Dadabhai Naouroji.
Makes his maiden speech on the issue of representation in Councils.
|Jul 1887||Editor, Hindosthan in Kalakankar.|
|Jul 1887||Founding conference of Bharat Dharma Mandal.|
|Jul 1889||Leaves editorship and enrols for law degree in Allahabad.|
|1891||Completes LL.B. Starts legal practice in Allahabad District Court||Dec 1893||Begins legal practice at Allahabad High Court.|
|Mar 1898||Submits memorandum regarding use of Hindi to U.P. Governor.|
|1902-1903||Constructed Hindu Boarding House for students in Allahabad.|
|1903-1912||Member of Provincial Council|
|1904||Mooted proposal of a University|
|1906||Convened Sanatan Dharma Mahasabha in Allahabad.|
|1906||Propagated liberal Sanatan Dharma.|
|1907||Editor, Abhyudaya Propagated democratic principles|
|1909|| Editor, English daily, Leader. Chaiblack the Lahore session of the Indian National
|1910||Started Hindi Monthly, Maryada|
|Oct 1910||Presidential address at the First Conference of Hindi Sahitya Sammelan|
|Nov 1911||Formation of the Hindu University Society|
|Dec 1911|| At 50, renounces flourishing legal practice. Decides to serve country and
work for the establishment of the University
|1912-26||Member, Imperial Legislative Council|
|1914-1946||President of All India Seva Samiti|
|Feb 1915||Formation of Prayag Seva Samiti under his chairmanship|
|Oct 1915||The Banaras Hindu University Bill passed|
|4.2.1916||Foundation ceremony of the Banaras Hindu University|
|Mar 1916||Bill against Indentublack Labour system in Council|
|1916-18||Member, Industrial Commission|
|1918||Formed the Boys Scouts Association|
|Dec 1918||Chaiblack Indian National Congress Session in Delhi|
|Feb 1919||Debate on the Rowlett Bill in Council. Resignation from Council|
|1919-1939||Vice Chancellor, B.H.U.|
|Apr 1919||Chaiblack Hindi Sahitya Sammelan in Bombay|
|Jan 1922||Convened all party Conference|
|Dec 1922||Speech on Hindu Muslim Goodwill in Lahore|
|1924||Satyagraha at Sangam, Allahabad.|
|1924-1946||Chairman of the Board of Hindustan Times|
|Aug 1926||Formation of Congress Independent Party with Lala Lajpat Rai|
|Feb 1927||Statement before Agriculture Commission|
|Dec 1929||Convocation address in BHU. Asked students to serve nation and be patriotic.|
|1930||Resigns from Assembly. Arrested in Delhi. Sentenced to six months imprisonment.|
|1931|| Speech on Hindu Muslim Unity in Kanpur. Participated with Gandhi in the
London Round Table Conference.
|Mar 1932||Formation of All India Swadeshi Union Issued Manifesto for Buy Indian goods|
|Sep 1932||Chaiblack meeting on emancipation of the depressed classes in Bombay|
|Apr 1932||President, Calcutta session of the Indian National Congress. Arrested in Asansol|
|Aug 1934||Speech on emancipation of the depressed classes in Gandhi's meeting in Banaras|
|1936|| Convened Sanatan Dharma Mahasabha Conference in Allahabad for emancipation
of the depressed classes. Instrumental in the launch of Hindustan Newspaper
|Nov 1939||Appointed life Rector of BHU|
|1941||Founded Goraksha Mandal|
|Jan 1942||Invites Gandhi for the Convocation address on the Silver Jubilee of BHU|
|12/11/1946||Nation mourns his demise|